AKH COVID Update – Return to Hockey at Level 2
Monday 31 August to Sunday 6 September
ALERT LEVEL 2: Monday 31 August to Sunday 6 September
- 10 person restrictions for Hockey applying to us all.
- Some clubs and school teams will be able to train at available turfs next week. This is at the discretion of the turf operator.
- Teams are advised to stay at home if sick or unwell
- Training groups of 10 cannot intermingle this also applies to coaches. There can be no spectators, parents and/or guardians must wait in cars. People not to loiter or congregate in carparks.
Contact Tracing: Monday 31 August to Sunday 6 September
- Individuals responsibility to ensure you are recorded as present with your team’s delegate in charge of supplying team registration sheets to AKH, to your club or to your school.
- Information on Contact Tracing follow Monday 7 September as we Return to Play will be published next week. As with the start to 2020 season teams will be tracked through match cards.
LEP – Rules
- Arrive just before your training time, changed and ready to go.
- Changing rooms will be closed. Bottom floor toilets will be open. The bar and cafe will be closed.
- Use hand sanitiser when entering and exiting a turf.
- Do not move any of the goals. No sharing of safety equipment or sticks.
- No handshakes or hugs
- Training equipment like bibs, cones and balls should be disinfected by your team after the session.
- Off the turf continue to practice social distancing and At AKH we will be encouraging the wearing of masks when you are off the turf.
RETURN TO PLAY: Monday 7th – Sunday 13 September
- We will know more later next week as to whether we can play in the week beginning Monday 7th September. Some draws and revised formats will be available towards the end of the week as we learn more about turf availability across Auckland
- There will be no spectators allowed at College Sport games.
- There will be no spectators allowed at School turfs for club hockey.
- We will let you know whether spectators will be allowed at Kolmar, Waitakere and LEP and the National Hockey Centre( (North Harbour)
- This is a fluid and evolving situation so it may be that there are no spectators across the board for club hockey for the first two weeks and then a review of that position.
- Saturday morning Junior hockey we will be allowing a restricted number of spectators – we will provide more information on this later next week or early the week after.
Changes to Senior competition format can be found here
We will update you on Junior, Youth and Draws early next week once we know more about turf availability across Auckland.