AKH ALERT LEVEL 2.5 remains from Thurs 17th September: PREPARE TO PLAY CONTINUES
AKH is taking a PLAY it SAFE, cautious approach to a second week of PREPARE TO PLAY with our number one priority being the health of our players and ensuring we get you back to playing.
Taking account of the Government announcement today and after consultation with Club Presidents and School Turf providers we can confirm:
- 10 person Mass Gathering Restrictions apply in Auckland.
- All AKH competitions are now set to resume starting Friday 25th September dependent on the Government’s next announcement on Monday 21st September.
- COLLEGE SPORT HOCKEY for all remaining winter sport fixtures have been cancelled by College Sport Auckland.
- Some clubs and school teams will be able to train at available turfs. This is at the discretion of the turf owner. Training bubbles of 10 still apply and strictly no intermingling on the turf.
- Teams and individuals are advised to stay at home if sick or unwell.
- Strictly No spectators at training.
- Please Do Not loiter or congregate in carparks at turf venues.
Again, we understand the frustration some AKH stakeholders maybe feeling today but ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate our way through a fluid and evolving situation.
Contact Tracing if attending Training sessions
- It is your Individual responsibility to ensure you are recorded as present with your team’s delegate in charge of supplying team registration sheets to AKH, for your club or your school team.
- You should also record your attendance on the government COVID-19 Tracer App via the QR codes available at the respective turf gate.
LEP and OTHER GUIDELINES
- Please arrive just before your training time, changed, warmed up and ready to go.
- Training sessions are spaced at LEP so you will need to wait in the grandstand until the previous teams have left the turf. Promptly leave the turf at the end of your session.
- Changing rooms at LEP will be closed. Bottom floor toilets at LEP will be open. The LEP Bar and Cafe will be closed.
- Use hand sanitiser when entering and exiting a turf.
- Please do not move any of the goals. No sharing of safety equipment or sticks.
- No handshakes or hugs. Strictly no spitting on the turf.
- Training equipment like bibs, cones and balls should be disinfected by your team after a training session.
- Off the turf continue to practice social distancing.
- At AKH we encourage the wearing of masks when you are off the turf.
- PLEASE NOTE LEP IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC AND OPEN FOR CLUB AND SCHOOL BOOKINGS ONLY. STRICTLY NO STAKEHOLDERS ARE TO ENTER LEP UNLESS PART OF A BOOKED TRAINING SESSION. Further free training bubble sessions for AKH Club and School teams will be made available for Saturday and Sunday 19-20 September. Book via firstname.lastname@example.org
Any CHANGES TO COMPETITION FORMATS will now be advised by the end of Monday 21st September at the latest along with most REVISED DRAWS.
Thank you in advance for your patience, co-operation and understanding as we work with our partners to get Community Hockey back up and running. AKH will provide a further update following the next government announcement on Monday 21st September.
Take care and stay safe.
CEO Auckland Hockey