AKH Congratulates Robyn Neil on her Re-election to the Board of Auckland Hockey for a second term!
At the AKH AGM on Saturday Robyn Neil was re-elected for a second three year term to the AKH Board which she has served since 2016.
Robyn was unanimously elected by the AGM delegates and said “ I am committed to progressing the good work of the Board to date and look forward to continue working with an excellent board, CEO and staff who have a very good combination of experiences and skills.”
In 2019 at our Annual Prize Giving Robyn was awarded a Gold Service award for her 34 years of service with the following citation:
“Robyn has been involved in hockey for her entire life to date starting on the sidelines with her father who was one of the founding members along with Grant Chester’s father of the Roskill Eden Hockey Club in the late 1950s.
Robyn played at club level in Auckland up to 1986 and was a founding member of the Somerville Womens team in 1981. Robyn has also served and represented Auckland Hockey and HNZ in the following capacities since the 1980s:
– Member of the Auckland Hockey Supporters club in the 1980s at Hobson Park.
– Current Auckland Hockey Board member since 2016.
– NHL Manager 3 times for 2 medals.
– U15 and U21s Manager 5 times for 5 medals.
– Black Sticks Womens Manager at U21, U18, U23, and Black Sticks level since 2013 for 53 matches, 3 gold medals and including the Junior World Cup in Chile.
– Youth Olympic Games Manager for the 2014 games in Nanjing.
– Heading up the re-instituted AKH Supporters club since 2017 donating $13,000 to AKH Rep Players to date.
Robyn has managed all of this while being a Mum, wife and now Grandmother as well as being an entrepreneurial Business women. Her business vision will see many Kiwi families enjoy low cost affordable housing. With service to Auckland Hockey as well as service to two Auckland Clubs and HNZ Robyn is a deserved winner of an Auckland Hockey GOLD Service award.
We sincerely thank Robyn on behalf of all Auckland Hockey stakeholders for her contribution to our sport in Auckland and for the continued selfless service, wisdom and adding value to our great game. Auckland Hockey and HNZ is richer for her experience and involvement”.